ITL Healthcare's design team remains focused on designing and developing products that enhance productivity and make our customers work life easier. Here is our latest offering:
Collapse-A-Bowl surgical bowl
Collapse-A-Bowl surgical bowl was designed in association with Australian clinicians to be used in all surgical procedures where a 6 litre bowl would be commonly used. Collapse-A-Bowl surgical bowl consists of a collapsible 6 litre bowl with a pre-attached bowl stand cover that can be used on a 30, 35 or 38cm bowl stand and increases convenience and hospital efficiencies as it replaces these 2 sterile items, the 6 litre bowl and the bowl stand drape.
Collapse-A-Bowl surgical bowl is available as both a single sterile product as well as part of the customised procedure pack offering and its design versatility enables it to be used pre, during and post procedures depending upon the clinical need. This will help to promote best clinical practice through procedural, surgical and financial efficiencies, such as;
- The combined bowl and drape simplifies the set-up process and reduces set-up times.
- It can be used with a 30, 35 or 38cm bowl stand.
- It can be used to hold tubing, light handles and other equipment so assistants can start draping.
- It can be used as a general waste bowl (excludes sharps disposal) for the scrub nurse.
- It can be used as part of the sterile field to store used packs.
- It can be used as a waste receptacle at the end of a case reducing the need for additional waste removal items.
- It can be used to receive large specimen.
- It can be used as a surgeon splash bowl (to moisten gloved hands).
- It can be used as a scrub bowl for pre prep wash of surgical area e.g. trauma.
- It can be used in any case that uses power or battery operated tools as a drill and saw receptacle.
- Enables a more efficient use of limited storage space due to its flat packed nature.
- It is estimated that 4-5 Collapse-A-Bowl surgical bowls will take up the same amount of storage space as 1 conventional 6 litre bowl.
- The combined bowl and drape reduces the amount of packaging and recycling required minimising the impact on the environment.
- Can be incorporated into Custom Procedure Packs creating procedural, storage and waste efficiencies.
NOTE: that due to its collapsible design, Collapse-A-Bowl surgical bowl cannot be used without a bowl stand and it would not be suitable to be used on any other trolley or stand. Collapse-A-Bowl is Patented and a Registered Trade Mark of ITL Healthcare Pty Ltd
In 2013, the West Australian Government released their Healthcare Infection Surveillance Annual Report for the period 2011-12 and noted that S. aureus was the most common cause of healthcare associated bloodstream infections, and causes significant morbidity and mortality. The majority of these episodes were attributed to inpatient care, were associated with the use of an intravascular device and were considered to be preventable adverse events.
ITL Healthcare designs and creates in consultation with our customers a range of Intravenous (I.V.) Cannula Insertion Kits according to their insertion protocol.
I.V. cannula insertion kit benefits:
All components used in the insertion of an intravenous (I.V.) Cannula are sterilised in one kit, reducing the need of opening and disposal of multiple individual packages and the potential for cross contamination.
The components used are assembled in order of use, reducing set-up time and cannulation insertion times.
The layout of the kit encourages compliance with sterile techniques for the insertion and care of I.V. cannulas, lowering the potential for Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) and driving better healthcare outcomes.
Reduces the potential for error and HAI through standardisation and encourages best clinical practice as per the institutions guidelines.
It aids in the insertion and management of intravenous cannulas (PIVCs) as its a visual reminder for transitory staff as to what items are required for an I.V. insertion procedure.
The simplicity of a single kit removes the complexity of stock control and time required for re-ordering.
ITL Healcare is committed to developing products that reflect the changing needs of our customers, through new and innovative components, kit designs and product evaluations.